2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 4, 160m², 600m from the sea
Spectacular Lefkada villa/Lefkas villa. Exceptional comfort & charm. Breathtaking location with exceptional far reaching sea views & extensive natural gardens (lavendar, Jasmine etc). Two bedrooms, two ensuite. Pool. Air conditioning. Dramatic, setting above beautiful Lefkada village of Poros. Within easy reach of Mikros Gialos bay. The villa has breathtaking uninterrupted sea views & mountain views with pool terrace overlooking the sea, Meganissi island, Skorpios island & mainland Greece. Extremely tranquil setting. Often, all you can hear are distant goat bells or the cries of eagles & hawks surfing thermal air currents over the Lefkada/ Meganisi channel seen from almost all areas of the house & terraces. Bedrooms & lounge leading to terraces with fabulous sea or mountain views. Extensive terraces & natural gardens. A privileged ‘retreat’ yet easy access to Poros village/Mikros Gialos beach & other beaches including Sivota, Vassiliki, Vlicho, Nidri. Kathisma & Porto Katsiki.
Background info to the villa:
[Please email for more info & photos]
On an island as spectacular and genuinely unspoilt as Lefkada, it’s not uncommon to find villas in beautiful settings with impressive views however this property elevates that category to an altogether new level. It's the superb ‘hilltop retreat’ setting, the uncomplicated yet superbly effective design and the literally stunning views which combine to make this a very special property.
Each generously proportioned room has been designed to maximise space and light with windows/ doors which enable guests to take full advantage of the surrounding views. Strong colours have been used throughout and the comfortable, modern furniture is of natural materials. Even the terrace furniture is high quality and comfortable.
NOTE: Although not pictured, there is now a large American style fridge freezer installed in kitchen. And the TV is not the one in the lounge photo, it is now a 32 inch flat screen TV.
Having holidayed in the villa ourselves, the words we’d use most are “charming” and 'comfortable'. It’s a really well designed and exquisitely comfortable house finished to a high standard and set in the most beautiful and tranquil location. Throughout our stay we never once lost the feeling of being somewhere very special. It really did feel as if we were in a beautiful, comfortable, tranquil world of our own.
Most guests are literally stunned on arrival by the location and incomparable views across the sea channel and to the mountains of mainland Greece beyond. Views in both directions, east and west, provide dramatic sunrise and sunset viewings. In addition to the breathtaking sea views you can enjoy a stroll through the rear garden to watch the sunset below Poros village.
The villa has extensive grounds. Delightful herb gardens (lit at night) as well as fig, olive and plum tree groves are bordered by natural stone walls and paths. There is a spacious pool terrace for sunbathing complemented by large areas of shaded terrace.
• Exceptionally comfortable, genuinely charming villa.
• A magical 'hilltop retreat' yet easy access to village and beaches.
• Sleeps four in two bedrooms. Both ensuite and both with dual aspect window/door maximising the impact of the glorious surroundings. Although it accommodates four people in great comfort, this villa is often chosen by couples looking for a truly romantic property and location.
• Jaw dropping panoramic views eastward to the sea, Meganissi island and the mainland beyond and views westward back to the dramatic interior mountain ranges.
• Spectacular sunrise and sunset viewings.
• Guests comment regularly on the strong sense of 'escapism' and ‘connection with nature’ which they feel in this location as a result of the dramatic, far reaching landscapes, the natural gardens (with local herbs) and the wildlife including eagles and hawks (gliding on thermals high above the sea below) as well as tortoises and goats. You may occasionally hear goat bells tinkling in the distance.
• Watching the myriad yachts below gliding silently through calm waters enhances that sense of relaxation and tranquillity.
• The best of both worlds by way of privileged “hilltop retreat” yet easy access to Poros village below and the beaches beyond.
• Large, level plot with extensive natural gardens to both sides of villa
• Well proportioned, well thought out spaces
• Direct access from both bedrooms and lounge to terraces and garden
• Air conditioning in lounge and bedrooms. Insect screens on windows and most doors.
• Complimentary food hamper on arrival
• mid week maid service included with all rentals (house cleaning and fresh linen )
[Please email for more info & photos]
Main entrance opens into light, charming air conditioned lounge with stone fireplace, comfortable sofas and armchairs as well as a spacious dining area with large dining table.
From the lounge: patio doors lead to shaded terrace where one can dine, read, relax watching the children in the pool or simply do nothing but absorb the sense of calm generated by the superb views.
From lounge to large, light, well equipped, hand-built kitchen (with dishwasher) adjacent to dining area. The kitchen has plenty cupboard space and all necessary equipment. Although not pictured, there is now a large, American style fridge / freezer installed in kitchen.
From kitchen area two steps lead to:
- double bedroom, dual aspect, air conditioned, with large en-suite bathroom (bath/shower), sliding patio doors open onto a small veranda with stunning views.
- twin bedroom, dual aspect, air conditioned and sliding patio doors open onto patio within grounds of the gardens. From interior of twin bedroom, two steps down to large ensuite bathroom with shower. Very usefully, this ensuite has a second door providing direct access from ensuite to lounge, dining area and main entrance door.
Outside: Driveway with easy parking by garden path leading through herb garden to main entrance. Gardens have natural stone walls, patios, terraces and shrub beds. Private swimming pool, large patio and veranda. Sunbeds and patio furniture. Separate patio with B.B.Q. All paths, patios and pool are lit at night. Panoramic sea and mountain views. To the rear of the villa is another patio with B.B.Q. and views that overlook Poros village and down the valley to the sea, a perfect place to watch the sunset.
Like most properties on Lefkada, a car is required.
Although a 'normal' car can be used on the access road if driven carefully and at low speed (although not sports coupes with lowered suspension and or body trim) we'd recommend, for all round comfort, practicality and the ability to easily explore other parts of the island, a vehicle such as a Suzuki Vitara (4WD), Mitsubishi Pajero (4WD), Diahatsu Terios, 4 door Suzuki Jimny or, one the newer breed of (often just two wheel drive but) "higher clearance", "cross over" vehicles such as the Nissan Qashqai or other SUV.
Vehicles of this type are good for the access road from village to villa as well as exploring some of the island's least visited and most beautiful spots.
We can provide details of local suppliers. If there are more than four in your group you may need a second car.
Tourist Licence No. 0831K10K76900100
- Air Conditioning
- Boat Dock
- Car Included
- Daily Maid Service
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Kids Friendly
- Mosquito Net
- Pets Considered
- Pool Shared
- Satellite Or Cable
- Self Check-in
- Videogame Console
- Water Cooler
- Coffee Maker
- Handicap Accessible
- Jacuzzi Bath
- Parking Included
- Pool Private
- Security System
- Stereo System
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Credit card (Visa, Master card)
- Bank transfer
- Debit Card
Listing Last Updated: 16 August 2023